Has it really been 30 more days of fun and exciting ab workouts?! Yes. It has. Otherwise I wouldn’t be writing this. Well…THE RESULTS ARE IN!
Let’s not beat around the bush, and take a look at what has been happening to this mom bod. As mentioned before:
- I’m a normal mom, not a fitness model
- There is no Photoshop used
- I have stretch marks (Got them for free with the acquisition of two kids)
- I have BABYFAT…which, obviously, I am working on…
For a tiny recap (beating around said bush), I’ve been doing a “Six Pack in 30 Days” workout program, which is just an app (6 Pack in 30 Days…go figure) that I downloaded to give me some sweet washboard abs.
The first 30 day program is for beginners. Check.
Conclusion: Normal people don’t get a six pack in 30 days, but it’s a great start to strengthen your core!
The second 30 day program is for more advanced beginners. Check.
Well…the conclusion is that if you are an average Joe like me, then SPOILER ALERT: you probably won’t have a six pack in 60 days either.
HOWEVER…there continues to be a few changes. The differences may be more comparable to a Where’s Waldo than it’s more obvious friend, Highlights Magazine, BUT the good news is there are still some results!
- There’s a little more oblique definition
- Small bit of love handle melt
- I have some thinning of the pooch fat aka Mother’s skirt
- My clothes are too big! Which also kinda sucks…
- I’ve lost an additional 9 lbs with this last 30 day program (again also in conjunction with cardio and eating well!) (Total of 20 lbs in 60 days!)
- My BMI is now 23..which is well within healthy range…WOO!
- My abs are stronger…Hello planking my old friend. I’ve come to build some abs again.
Some side notes:
- I did miss a couple of days this time (like when I was on vacation), but it didn’t seem to be detrimental by any means. I would just do the workout the next day.
- The plank used to be my least favorite, and now it is v-ups. I’m trying to think of something worse than v-ups to make an accurate analogy…and there is nothing worse.
- The length of the workout at the beginning of the program was about 7 minutes, by the end, the workouts were about 12 minutes (difficulty increases to burn that fat and build those muscles).
- Start your fitness journey TODAY. It’s just incredible how fast time goes by, and you can be THAT much further along in your quest if you start now than if you wait for “tomorrow”!
The COOLEST part is taking a look at the whole 60 day transformation thus far.
I get really jazzed seeing results! It takes time and effort, but it’s worth it…and gets less scary and embarrassing to share the journey. I appreciate all of your support and encouragement, and hope that you join me in the NEXT 30 days!
Do you think a six pack is possible in 90 days? The jury is out…